not syncing sky_blue158 — Dec 15, 2016 02:40PM PST
why won't my fitbit sync with myfitness pal all It recorded false data, then it seemed okay and now no data at all what do I do to fix it?
2 Community Answers
sky_blue158 Dec 15, 2016 02:41PM PST
I asked the question I don't have the answer!
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Dec 15, 2016 04:21PM PST
Thanks for posting. Sorry for any problems you have been having. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with an expired “token” (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then find Fitbit on the right, click on it and then disconnect.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications, then Click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers
If you continue to have a problem, please let us know your MyFitnessPal username as well as your Fitbit ID. (Which can be found by clicking on your profile photo at Fitbit.com, which will take you to your Fitbit.com Profile and now copy the URL at the top and paste it in the email reply to us.)
MyFitnessPal StaffKind Regards,