Please make it easier to validate food entries jorhett — Jan 22, 2017 03:19PM PST
When I had a product in hand, with barcode and nutrition information right in front of me, I have the ability to validate and confirm information within the database (read: provide value to MFP) with my phone
1. I scan the barcode of a the product
2. I compare the product found to what's printed on the box
RIGHT HERE: I should be able to select something that confirms this barcode matches what's on the box. That's not possible in the Android app today
3. I accept the item into my diary
4. I open the browser on my Android phone and to the MFP web application
5. I go to a meal and add an item
6. I search by name, copy and pasting the description found by the barcode
7. I click Nutrition Info on several matching entries to (hopefully) select the right one
8. I click on Yes for item accurary
This is a crazy amount of effort to ask of me, and honestly I've had several cases with numerous exact matches on the name and with the same nutrition data such that I wasn't able to confirm exactly which item matched the barcode.
This should be a choice in the Android app upon scanning the item. Allow us to select right then and there that the item matched the box we scanned.
1 Community Answers
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Jan 22, 2017 04:37PM PST
Thanks for posting and sharing your feedback. We’ll be sure to share it with our developers and take it into consideration for future updates. Your verification when scanning idea sounds interesting. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what changes would enhance your experience.