Dietary Energy in Apple Health is not being updated correctly cultofmonkey — Aug 09, 2018 05:51AM PDT
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling MFP, but I'm still having this issue.
MFP seems to add calories to the Health app on a per meal basis (which is fine), but it often misses out half my meals, resulting in a very low calorie total.
Sometimes it will miss breakfast and lunch but update dinner, other times (yesterday for example) it will update everything to a certain time and fail to update after that.
MFP has full read and write access in Apple Health, and is always set as the primary data source.
It's incredibly frustrating. Is there a fix available, or if it's a known bug, is there one on the way?
1 Community Answers
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent Aug 09, 2018 08:37AM PDT
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Our apologies for the issue with the data syncing to HealthKit from MyFitnessPal. To help with our investigation, could you send us in some additional details here so we can take a closer look? Please put Case: 1659745 in the subject line when you email us.
- Your email address tied to the account
- What device you are using: iPhone 5, iPhone 3GS, etc.
- What version of iOS you are using? You can find this by going to Settings on your iPhone, then General, then About – your version of iOS will be listed under “Version”.
- What cell phone or internet provider you use.
- Your physical location such as city/state
- Language set on your device
- If you have any app partners connected to the app, such as Fitbit, RunKeeper, HealthKit, etc.
- What version of the app you have installed? You can find this in the app’s menu by tapping “Help” then “About Us”. In older versions of the app, “About Us” is on the “More” page
- How do you log your food items in to MyFitnessPal? Can you let us know the exact steps and if you log them throughout the day or all at once?
- Can you let us know some days that are showing incorrectly in HealthKit? Can you also provide screenshots of those days?
- Did you edit any items on those days with the issue?
- Are you seeing duplicates, items not matching, or both? If items are not matching, are they higher, lower, or both?
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the information and for your patience while we work on a solution.
All the best,