Fitbit steps not syncing with myFitness pal cdonovan1975 — Jan 22, 2017 03:19PM PST
Just like other users, My fitbit tracker is checked in my fitness pal's setting but my steps are not being crossed over to my home page or activity log. Today I have disconnected and reconnected, powered the iPhone 5c down and back up, and followed all the suggestions from Fitbit and MFP to the letter.
Nothing works. Steps stopped syncing on Friday, January 20th and have not worked since.
When will this connectivity issue be resolved?
3 Community Answers
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Jan 22, 2017 03:28PM PST
Hey thanks for posting your question. Sorry for the trouble with your fitbit integration. When we view the account we are seeing that the accounts have just been relinked today, and fitbit has been reselected as the source for step tracking. Please now log a few hundred new steps with your tracker, and initiate a manual sync in fitbit, followed by another in MyFitnessPal.
efheinitz Jan 23, 2017 08:47PM PST
I am having the same issue. My fitbit has not synced with MyFitnessPal for several weeks, and I have done the same with deleting the program, redownloading it, turning my iPhone off and nothing works. Any suggestions?
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Jan 25, 2017 12:22PM PST
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.