My fitbit steps stopped syncing with my fitness pal Mid March 2017 trishc0757 — Mar 20, 2017 06:53AM PDT
How can I have my Fitbit steps sync with My Fitness Pal again? They simply stopped two weeks ago. Thanks.
2 Community Answers
srtmama Mar 20, 2017 11:05AM PDT
I'm having the same issue.
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Mar 20, 2017 12:14PM PDT
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. We are currently investigating an issue which is causing fitbit steps to not be recognized, even though it has been successfully linked. We’ve added your username to the service ticket for the issue and we’ll do what we can to get a fix in place as soon as possible. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and especially your patience as we look into it.
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.