MP does don't sync with Fitbit Charge HR pie2rebel — Mar 20, 2017 07:38AM PDT
Hi. MFP is not picking up steps from my Fitbit Charge HR. It was working correctly but then stopped syncing. MFP and Fitbit are linked but under "Steps", "Don't track steps" is checked and I am unable to uncheck it. When I click on the check mark to remove it, the progress indicator goes round and round then stops but the check mark is still there. MFP web shows that "do not track steps" is selected but there is no way to unselect it, This is very frustrating as I have spent hours on this trying every possible suggestion found on the net.
3 Community Answers
Beatriz707 Mar 20, 2017 11:07AM PDT
I cannot sync my Fitbit Charge HR either (March 20, 2017). I see several people having the same problem. I also tried disconnecting and connecting again.
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Mar 20, 2017 11:20AM PDT
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. We are currently investigating an issue which is causing your fitbit steps to not be recognized, even though it has been successfully linked. We’ve added your username to the service ticket for the issue and we’ll do what we can to get a fix in place as soon as possible. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and especially your patience as we look into it.
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It looks like you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.
pie2rebel Mar 21, 2017 08:36AM PDT
After two days of trying everything I could think of, I have resolved this issue and would like to share with others. This is not exclusively for Fitbit users. I believe it applies to other step trackers as well.
My problem was being caused by my login.
Yes, the login!!!
Somehow, my login screen had reverted to using my username instead of my email address. Once I logged out and logged back in with my email address, I was able to select my step tracker in Android which also de-selected the "Don't track my steps" which I had previously been unable to de-select.
How frustrating this has been!!!
I hope it works for others as well!