Fit Bit Sync ac1023 — Mar 20, 2017 10:02AM PDT
My Fitness App wont update my steps from my FitBit. I have disconnected and reconnected multiple times. I made sure both apps are updated but still no luck.Both your app and the FitBit app say they are connected to each other but it will not track my steps on your app
4 Community Answers
cneal0618 Mar 20, 2017 10:06AM PDT
Mine is doing that too!
janetkennedymerritt Mar 20, 2017 10:56AM PDT
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Mar 20, 2017 11:15AM PDT
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It appears you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.
When we view your account status, we are not currently seeing fitbit as being linked. Please check their website, www.fitbit.com, and if showing as being connected there, revoke access. Then wait 15 minutes before attempting to relink the accounts on our site, www.myfitnesspal.com. Once reconnected, reselect fitbit as your step source in MyFitnessPal. Then log a few hundred new steps with your tracker and then manually initiate a sync in fitbi, followed by another in MyFitnessPal.
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. We are currently investigating an issue which is causing your fitbit steps to not be recognized, even though it has been successfully linked. We’ve added your username to the service ticket for the issue and we’ll do what we can to get a fix in place as soon as possible. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and especially your patience as we look into it.
TricWinter Mar 21, 2017 04:00AM PDT
I am having same problem just changed to fitbit surge from fitbit one and it wont show steps anymore?