Linking Fitbit and MyFitnessPal lifterhjd — Apr 26, 2017 10:19AM PDT
I just got a Fitbit Charge 2. In the Fitbit app, it says that its linked to MyFitnessPal. However, in MyFitnessPal, if I look at Apps/Devices or Steps, and select Fitbit, I see a Connect button. If I click on that, it simply takes me to your website to show a huge list of activity tracker apps. How do I get Fitbit and MyFitnessPal to sync and communicate? I put my food and water intake into MFP every day, and it would be nice if that data was shared with Fitbit. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ with Android 7.0.
3 Community Answers
Ripley MyFitnessPal Agent Apr 26, 2017 11:16AM PDT
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I have reviewed your account and everything seems to be syncing as expected. I can see a daily Fitbit adjustment in your Exercise Diary, most recently today, as of 11:03am, and a step count total of >6,000 steps. Are you not seeing this within your account?
We look forward to hearing back.
lizmcgoldrick May 03, 2017 08:34PM PDT
HI I'm having trouble with my fitbit data coming over to myfitness pal ? ANy ideas ?
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent May 04, 2017 10:13AM PDT
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.