Battery drain ddkandel — Nov 13, 2017 12:28PM PST
I am having battery drain problems with MFP. I see I am not the only one. I read through some of the forums and it seems that MFP will not respond with anything other than "fresh install" or send us an email. There is no resolution. I noticed I have videos playing all the time on the diary screen - this means my phone is downloading data to support this and there is no way to turn it off. I may have to stop using this app and find another one if no help is offered. Has anyone received a satisfactory answer from MFP? I haven't seen one.
1 Community Answers
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent Nov 13, 2017 01:29PM PST
Thank you for taking the time to post your question and my apologies for any inconvenience.
We see that you have contacted us by email as well. If a reinstall did not help you, can you follow up in that email with the following:
- Your email address tied to the account
- What device you are using: Samsung Galaxy, etc.
- What version of the Android operating system you are using? You can find it by going to “Settings”, then “About Phone”, then “Android Version” or “Firmware version”
- Do you know if you have installed any custom version of Android operating system, or if you are using the standard factory version?
- What cell phone or internet provider you use.
- Your physical location such as city/state
- Language set on your device
- If you have any app partners connected to the app, such as Fitbit, RunKeeper, HealthKit, etc.
- What version of the app you have installed? You can find this either on the log in page or within the app by tapping “Help” then “About Us” in the menu on the left of the app.
Lastly, can you provide screenshots showing the increased battery usage?