get rid of pop up adds middletarwin — Feb 12, 2018 07:13PM PST
whilst trying to use my fitness pal food diary an add for JB HI fi competition came up. I was unable to disable it or get back to my screen. How do I get rid of these
1 Community Answers
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent Feb 13, 2018 09:28AM PST
Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies if one of our ad networks is presenting objectionable or misleading ad material. Unfortunately, though this is definitely not our intention, this can happen from time to time, despite our instructions to keep certain types of advertising content away from our app.
Our best chance of identifying the ad content and having it removed is if we can learn a few things from you. Please copy and paste the following template in your response and email us here with the appropriate answers. We apologize if we’re asking for any duplicate info from a previous email, but it is helpful for our team to have all the information compiled in one area.
- What is your username?
- What device you are using (iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, etc.)?
- What version of iOS you are using? You can find this by going to Settings on your iPhone, then General, then About – your version of iOS will be listed under “Version”.
- What cell phone or internet/network provider do you use?
- What is your physical location (such as city/state)?
- What version of the app do you have installed? You can find this in the app’s menu (or “More” page) by tapping “Help” then “About Us”.
- What was the date & time the ad was seen?
-What were you doing within the app when the ad appeared? Were you adding food to your diary, had just logged into the app, etc? Exact steps are very helpful here.
Lastly, if you can send us a screenshot of your entire screen with the ad included, it would be helpful to identify and locate it.
Again our sincerest apologies that has happened. We can’t always remove these ads as efficiently as we’d like, because we do rely on multiple ad networks to procure the ads. But we’ll do everything we can to figure out which network has included this ad, and then have it removed from the rotation as soon as possible.
We appreciate your understanding and any help you can provide in helping us remove this or any unwanted ads.
Again our apologies,