Calories Burned jessicaoliver79 — Mar 12, 2018 12:14PM PDT
Ok, so my MFP is synced with my Fitbit Charge HR 2. Right now, it says that I have burned 2,534 calories with exercise. This is not right, I have burned some while at work, but my fitbit was telling me that I had burnt that many first thing this morning, why?
1 Community Answers
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Mar 12, 2018 12:27PM PDT
Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps
This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.
You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.