Apple Watch Activity Counting Twice joejones64 — May 09, 2018 02:50PM PDT
On occasion, MyFitnessPal counts my Apple Watch Activity twice. I have seen others post similar occasions where MFP does this double counting, but the odd thing is that it doesn't happen every time.
This morning I walked the treadmill for 32 minutes. Later in the day I see that MFP has two 32 minute brisk walks entered for the same time frame (both start at 5:14 a.m.). One has the Apple HealthKit icon next to it and the other entry has no icon next to it. I used my Apple Watch (Indoor Walk Activity) to track the walk as I always do. I didn't track it with any other apps. I can't see what causes this double count on occasion.
4 Community Answers
joejones64 May 09, 2018 02:52PM PDT
Since submitting, I have seen a very similar post, but the calorie counts differed between MFP and Apple Health. In my case both the Apple Activity tracker and MFP list the 32 min exercise as 206 calories. However, MFP counts it twice thus 412 calories total.
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent May 09, 2018 02:53PM PDT
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. In HealthKit, when you tap Health Data>Activity>Workouts>Show all Data, do you see multiple entries for that workout or do you only see the one?
joejones64 May 10, 2018 11:07AM PDT
I see only the one listed. It is listed as an entry from my Apple Watch, which is what I'd expect. It was tracked as an Activity on the Watch.
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent May 10, 2018 11:15AM PDT
Thanks for getting back to us. Can you contact us here, so we can triage this with you through email? Please put Case #1561615 in the subject line
When you email us, could you also include the following information:
- Your email address tied to the account
- What device you are using: iPhone 5, iPhone 3GS, etc.
- What version of iOS you are using? You can find this by going to Settings on your iPhone, then General, then About – your version of iOS will be listed under “Version”.
- What cell phone or internet provider you use.
- Your physical location such as city/state
- Language set on your device
- If you have any app partners connected to the app, such as Fitbit, RunKeeper, HealthKit, etc.
- What version of the app you have installed? You can find this in the app’s menu by tapping “Help” then “About Us”. In older versions of the app, “About Us” is on the “More” page
Lastly, can you include a screenshot showing the duplicate exercises as they appear in MyFitnessPal and also include a screenshot of your exercise entries under Show all Data in HealthKit. Please also leave any duplicate exercises in your Diary so we can take a closer look.