Can't Complete My Food Diary, Not Syncing with my Galaxy S8 astyface — May 11, 2018 09:37AM PDT
Hi! I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and have had a few issues with MyFitnessPal. Every time I press "Complete Diary" it loads for a few seconds and then says "Alert: There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please visit the main website or try again later." I've tried multiple times and even tried doing it on the website, but when I log into the website none of my food or exercise is entered into my diary.
Additionally, I connected MyFitnessPal to my Samsung Health app, and it's not syncing at all. I turned on the exercise and steps features to make sure they transferred to MyFitnessPal, and none of my runs have appeared on the app.
Any help would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you!
3 Community Answers
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent May 11, 2018 09:43AM PDT
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Unfortunately it sounds like there is a sync issue with the app. Can you try force syncing the app and see if it helps?
To force close the app, open the Menu and tap “Settings”, then “Applications”, then “Manage Applications”. Find “MyFitnessPal” in your list of apps and tap on it, then tap the “Force Close” button.
If that does not work, can you try resetting your network settings?
If none of the above helps, unfortunately you will need to reinstall the app to fix the sync issue, but the data that was not able to sync to the website will be lost. Our apologies for any issues this may cause.
longridersc Aug 19, 2018 07:29AM PDT
Done all the above still does not work data does since but no diary complete on web either. Just brought app to a Veterans Admin class and now disappointed. Working hard and successfully with app and now only option looks like lose all Data
Bruce MyFitnessPal Agent Aug 20, 2018 10:10AM PDT
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Could you send us in some additional details so we can take a closer look?
For the app:
- What device you are using: Samsung Galaxy, etc.
- What version of the Android operating system you are using? You can find it by going to “Settings”, then “About Phone”, then “Android Version” or “Firmware version”
- Do you know if you have installed any custom version of Android operating system, or if you are using the standard factory version?
- Language set on your device
- If you have any app partners connected to the app, such as Fitbit, RunKeeper, HealthKit, etc.
- What version of the app you have installed? You can find this either on the log in page or within the app by tapping “Help” then “About Us” in the menu on the left of the app.
For the web:
-Are you using your computer at home, or at work?
-Language set on your account
-Your Operating System (Mac OS X, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7)
-Which Web Browser you are using
-Do you have any browser extensions/add-ons? If so which ones?