Active calories different from Apple Watch vs. My Fitness Pal. July 11 2019. cokat1969 — Jul 11, 2019 06:32PM PDT
Can current calories from apple watch be sent and automatically update into MY fitness pal APP? this would be very convenient if it could. The fitbit does this automatically. Thanks!
1 Community Answers
Logan MyFitnessPal Agent Jul 11, 2019 06:41PM PDT
How do I install the MyFitnessPal Apple Watch app?
If the auto-install option is on, the MyFitnessPal app for Apple Watch will install automatically once you update the MyFitnessPal app on iPhone to version 5.14 or later. (Integration with Apple Watch requires iOS version 8.3 or later).
If auto-install is off, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, and visit the “App Store” app to manually install the MFP app from your iPhone to the Apple Watch. Please note that it may take up to several minutes after updating the iPhone app for the MyFitnessPal app to appear in the list of available Watch apps
How do I enable step tracking in MyFitnessPal using the Apple Watch?
First, launch the MyFitnessPal app on your Apple Watch.This will register your Apple Watch with the MyFitnessPal app on iPhone.
Second, launch the MyFitnessPal iPhone app, and visit More > Steps. Select “Apple Watch” as your step source. This choice will use data from both the Apple Watch and the M7/M8 chip in the iPhone through HealthKit to track your steps.
What can I do with the MyFitnessPal Apple Watch app?- use step data from the watch to adjust your calorie goal for the day – walk more to eat more!
- view your remaining calories for the day
- view your remaining nutrient amounts for the day view your steps and your step goal for the day
- The Nutrients view in the Watch app does not match our App store screenshots. This will be fixed in an upcoming release: Carbs, Fat and Protein will be moved to the top of the view.
- If the Watch app is unresponsive communicating with the iPhone, exiting and re-launching the Watch app is usually enough to cause un-synced data to process. In some cases it may also be helpful to tap More > Sync on the MyFitnessPal iPhone app.
- Certain workouts recorded by the Watch will sync to MyFitnessPal with a different name. Please see the article here to view a list of the names of exercises.