How do I add a food to my food diary?
To add food to your diary, just take the following steps:
On the Web
- Click on the "Food" tab, then click "Add Food" under the meal you'd like to log.
- Tap the large blue "+" button, and then tap "Food."
- Or, on the Diary page, tap "+ Add Food" under a meal category in your diary.
- Tap the “Add to Diary” button on your Home screen or the Food Diary page tap the "+" (or "Add") button
- Tap the meal to which you would like to add your food.
To search for food, type its name in the search field. You can enter brand names or just keywords. Then, tap the "Search" button. For greater convenience, some of our apps support searching by scanning an item's barcode.
Tap on a matching search result, then adjust the Number of Servings or Serving Size to reflect how much of that item you’ve eaten.
That’s it. Your food will be logged in your diary.
Pro Tip: Our database has an enormous number of food items. You may improve your search results by adding terms like "uncooked," "cooked," "raw" or "generic" (for instance "apple generic") if your initial search does not provide the specific item you are seeking.